29 November 2018
IIASA researchers among top 1% of most highly cited scientists
Several IIASA researchers from the Air Quality and Greenhouse Gases Program, the Energy Program, the Ecosystems Services and Management Program, and the Water Program are among the world’s most highly cited scientists, according to a new list published by Clarivate Analytics.
© Lapandr | Dreamstime.com
The list Highly Cited Researchers 2018, published by a former division of Thomson Reuters, recognizes world- class researchers selected for their exceptional research performance, based on their work and citations published between 2006 and 2016.
IIASA researchers are among the top 1% of most cited scientists, and the institute ranks second in Austria (after the University of Vienna) with seven highly cited researchers:
- Petr Havlik, ERD Center Head and Deputy Program Director, Ecosystems Services and Management Program
- Zbigniew Klimont, Research Scholar, Air Quality and Greenhouse Gases Program
- Volker Krey, Deputy Program Director, Energy Program
- Michael Obersteiner, Program Director, Ecosystems and Management Program
- Keywan Riahi, Program Director, Energy Program
- Andreas Richter, Guest Research Scholar, Ecosystems and Management Program
- Yoshihide Wada, Deputy Program Director, Water Program